Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Toddla T

Following on from my last blog about the demise of one Sheffield based band, I feel I should talk about an up-and-coming artist who's hails from the Steel city. The Circle of Life and all that...
Toddla T first came to my attention at the end of last year with his belter of a tune Manabadman. It's the best jungle track I've heard in years. The insistent beat, the squelchy bass, the incoherent chatting all work together to work me into a frenzy. I couldn't stop listening to it for weeks.
Toddla, real name Tom Bell, is starting to make a big name for himself due to his monthly residence at Fabric nightclub, regular mixes on Radio 1, constant touring and by producing some of the freshest dance music and mixtapes I've heard for yonks. Its dancehall for the digital age. The nicest thing about Toddla T is that he seems like the most down-to-earth in person. Honest, passionate and happy to be where he is.
His debut album 'Skanky Skanky' is out later this year and on it he has collaborated with Roots Manuva, Tinchy Strider, Joe Goddard (from Hot Chip), Benjamin Zephaniah along with his regular MCs Mr Versatile and Serocee. With that line up, I'm struggling to see a weak link (although eyes are on you, Tinchy).

Toddla T - Backchatter (Mica's Version)
Toddla T - Manabadman feat. Serocee

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM , Anonymous the sex toys said...

I consider everyone must read this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home