Saturday, April 25, 2009

Slow Club On A Bandstand

Anyone who's a regular reader of this blog will know of my love for Slow Club. Charles and Rebecca just have an amazing way of writing a tune that is sentimentally and yearning while simultaneously being a blast. So when I found out they were playing on a bandstand in North London a few Sundays back, no one could stop me from going.
I've been meaning to mention Bandstand Busking for a while. Like The Take Away Shows and The Black Cab Sessions, it takes artists/bands and shows them performing in unusual live settings but there's something really romantic about Bandstand Busking. I think I just really like the fact that all the delapidated bandstands around London are being used again, some look like they haven't been touched in decades so it's great that every few Sundays, they once again get a crowd surrounding them and their rotting structures get serenaded by some of the best live, acoustic music around including The Wave Pictures, Emmy The Great, Wild Beasts to name just a few.
The day for Slow Club was bright and sunny, perfect for sitting around Northampton Square park and listening to bright and sunny music. They played their last few singles (Because We're Dead, Christmas TV) and a few new ones that will feature on their debut album, which is coming out in June/July. I won't say anymore, just watch.



To watch the rest of the videos, go to the Bandstand Busking site. They are starting to happen every first Sunday of the month so there is one coming up next weekend. I can't wait.

Slow Club - Christmas TV

Cheers to Emmy _louise for the photo

5 Comments:

At 5:44 AM , Blogger Martin McCullagh said...

How come nobody told me about this? I was in work in Manchester anyway, but I'd have missed it and got the train for this. easily one of my favourite bands.

 
At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you watch Chuck...but I think you'll be getting heaps of hits soon! :)

 
At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was used really well on the Chuck finale.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Tim said...

I don't watch Chuck but thanks for the heads up guys. Had quite a few hits already.
Next Bandstand Busk is this Sunday with Kill It Kid and Fanfarlo. Awesome

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger westie said...

Surprised I've never heard of Bandstand Busking, looks great, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home