Wednesday, May 14, 2008

JoFo & The Mae Shi. ACCESS DENIED

I was meant to witness the devastating glory that is The Mae Shi and Johnny Foreigner live at King's College Student Union last night. Unfortunately, due to a mix-up in communications or something, I wasn't on the guestlist as expected and I couldn't fork out the cash to buy a ticket so my girlfriend and I were left to do the walk of shame out of the venue and make our way back home.
It was a mighty shame because The Mae Shi put on an awesomely fun show, as I experienced back in January at Barden's Boudoir. Also Johnny Foreigner's forthcoming debut album is refreshingly glorious, i won't say anymore til i review it, and I've heard they storm it live. I'll just have to see them when they return to the capital with Danananananakroyd later in the month.

Johnny Foreigner - Cranes And Cranes And Cranes And Cranes
Slow Club - Run To Ur Grave

Credit for the photo goes to Amy Brammall. Cheers

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

harsh. but at least you weren't sitting at home attempting to revise for exams. the upcoming camden JoFo date will be better anyway. right?

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Tim said...

It was a bit harsh but there was nothing I could do about it. So pleased I've done all the exams ever, its a good feeling.
yeh upcoming date should be excellent, really want to see Danananananakroyd. Might pay to get into this one though

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home