Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dance Dance Dance

I think I'm quite late on Lykke Li too but she's so good that i don't really care.
I've have
Dance Dance Dance on my itunes for ages but only really gave it attention when my girlfriend played it to me while driving somewhere. Its the sort of gorgeous, soulful indie pop that can only come out of Scandinavia. Lykke's rich but innocent vocals are the driving force, gently taking you by the arm and leading you across a floor made of scatty beats and plunking guitars. The track glides effortlessly, unstrained and beautiful and then out of nowhere a jazzy sax appears, i found it completely surprising, i was taken aback by the sudden sidestep into brassy realms but the change almost makes the song, just taking it far enough away to keep you second guessing but close enough so that its comfortable. I can't wait to get my hands on her album Youth Novels if this and the couple of other tracks i've heard are anything to go by.

Lykke Li - Dance Dance Dance

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home