Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Flakes

I'm a bit late on this i guess. With that I mean The Mystery Jets and this flowing and bewitching tune. I missed out on The M. Jets first album, Making Dens, in 2006. It just seemed to past me by like a gentle drizzle if I wearing a water proof onesie and had a golf umbrella. I'm sad it did because after hearing Flakes a couple of times I wanted to be drenched in their dappled, crisp, seeping sound.
The vocal melodies glow and strobe in amongst a rich, fresh blanket of noise; the guitars hum and buzz canorously and the drum beat is sharp and not intrusively snappy. The track softly grows and the "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" and "break-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ek" bits add extra singalongness to the already catchy vocal part.
This track and their latest, and also utterly brilliant, single Young Love, which features the also utterly brilliant Laura Marling, have made me extremely excited about their Erol Alkan produced album "21", which comes out later this month. I shall be purchasing that shiny bit of plastic on the 24th for sure.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Tim,

thought i'd let you know that i found your blog through your facebook a few weeks ago and i'm loving it.
hope all's well with you,

Kaity xx

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Tim said...

Hullo Kaity
Glad you like the blog
Its my little baby, although I've been neglecting it a bit recently which you really should do to little babies. I will be a better parent now :)
Hope you're good too

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home