Thursday, April 06, 2006

New Music

I've had a bit of a love affair with France recently, actually i don't when it started. It could be from the countless camping holidays i spent there as a kid, or my GCSE French teacher, Mr Scott, who may be one of the best and most legendary people i've ever met, or maybe its the French girl on the Renault advert that i talked about before. All I know is that i love France, their language, their attitude, their food, their wine, their women, their culture. Everything!!!


And when I heard Hey Hey My My, my love got even bigger. I got their demo e.p the other day and put it in the stereo and had it on repeat for hours. The first track Too Much Space is catchy as hell and had me doing a little dance around my room. Listening to the cd makes me wonder why other acoustic duos can't make anything as good as this, for instance Turin Brakes or Journey South (well actually there's no hope for some) but its folky, catchy, hopeful spirit is so intoxicating. I found it similar to the first time i listened to Sondre Lerche, where i was taking in by how charming and endearing the music was. The band is made up of two Juliens(Garnier and Gaulier) and are on Sober & Gentle records
Here's a couple of tracks to wet your musical appetite:

Hey Hey My My - Too Much Space
Hey Hey My My - A True Story

For more info and tunes, check out their myspace

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Tim said...

hey don't spoil my fun. I bring it back to piece of evidence 1 : Annelise

 
At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I discovered your blog when I was looking for pics of Hey Hey My My !
It's a great band, isn't it :)

Have a look on my blog (http://colour-of-rock.skyblog.com) if you want ! I talked about them ;))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home