Friday, December 22, 2006

FunFunFun's Favourite Albums of 2006 (5-1)

Here's the final part of my end of year, top albums list. Have you guessed what's numebr 1 yet? No its not Robbie's Rudebox or Take That's Greatest Hits, oops sorry if thats spoilt it for anyone, ok i won't say anymore, just read on.

5. The Knife - Silent Shout
Only got this album quite recently and couldn't get into it for a while, then We Share Your Mother's Health came on my mp3 player one day and it just blew me away. After that the beauty of the whole album came really easily, all its complex beats and quirky vocals, it just gets inside your head and creates a dark dark vision. I really want to see this band live

The Knife - We Share Your Mother's Health


4. Tilly & The Wall - Bottom Of Barrels
These guys have really been my band of the year, They just bring so much enjoyment to their music - have you seen the Sing Songs Along video?!! So much fun!!!! - this album encapsulates that energy and attitude so well, with the joyous tracks and the downbeat ones working off each other with wonderful varities. It may help that they put on such an awesome live show and that Bad Education is my fav song of 2006 too. I love them like i love candyfloss

Tilly & The Wall - Bad Education


3. Gallows - Orchestra Of Wolves
No other album this year has hit me with such a ferocity that i was certain that my nose was bleeding after my first listen. This hardcore punk band from Watford have released a beast of a debut that is damn right brutal in all the right place as well as being technical, clever and witty as well. Its really refreshing to hear a British band with such attitude and talent, hopefully you Yanks will cotton on. Kerrang! said 'Best British punk band since The Clash' and, i hate to say this, but i may have to agree with them.

Gallows - In The Belly Of A Shark


2. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds
This album being at no. 2 is quite a surprise to me, let alone anyone else. Only got it last month but it immediately struck as something new, odd and brilliant. The arrangements and instrumentation is incredible, i really can't believe that its just a looped violin sometimes, but the tracks with the orchestra are equally amazing. The lyrics are wierd and witty and compliment the music so well. To be honest, it probably would have got into this list on just its name alone but its because of the wonderful tracks that this album is so high

Final Fantasy - Many Lives 49 MP


1. Hot Chip - The Warning
This may not have been a surprise to anyone that reads my blog regularly. I was wetting my pants about this release almost exactly a year ago, after seeing them funk out the trendies at Trash and it pretty much lived up to all the hype and expectations. Full of dancehall bangers and subtle slow ones, its such a great listen and any album that contains Over And Over should appear high in anyones list. Its a track that gets better with every listen and makes you resonate once you start moving to its hypnotic beats. Its pure brilliance and i'm sure it will be reappearing in my cd player for years to come

Hot Chip - The Warning

So there you go! Did you guess it? I really hope 2007 is as good for music as 2006 was, and if it is, i really can't wait for it!

7 Comments:

At 12:51 PM , Blogger The Daily Growl said...

Nice list mate. I know little about Cursive and Gallows though. Must check them out...

 
At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best British punk band since The Clash,sorry but the person that wrote that just aint got a clue.

 
At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

its true.
they're much better than the clash.

I'm glad youdecided to rate them as highly as 3rd. great band.

 
At 2:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that particular brand. The prices for the shoes are about 230 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this location selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what can you say about it?

 
At 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here loadsafun.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research displays that closely 90% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

 
At 8:23 AM , Anonymous levitra said...

Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about FunFunFun's Favourite Albums of 2006 (5-1) I really enjoyed reading this blog and I would like to hace any update about it, thanks for sharing!!

 
At 1:16 PM , Anonymous eco travel agency costa rica said...

Hi buddy, firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers then I think that this information is amazing and very entertainment information, I was looking information about FunFunFun's Favourite Albums of 2006 (5-1), and this information is very professional and I would like to have any update about, thanks for sharing!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home