Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Old I Was A Cub Scout

Back from a weekend, relaxing by the sea, in St Ives and after a raucous night in the company of Les Savy Fav on Monday - review coming shortly - i'm back blogging.
I found this little gem waiting for me in my inbox. An early recording by Nottingham electro rapscallions I Was A Cub Scout, The View, is a 4 minute blissful meander. Never really breaking into full stride, it just saunters along like a daydreamer on a beach and shows signs of early promise that they fulfilled with Pink Squares and Our Smallest Adventure.
I also forgot to post the last track they emailled me. Holiday is more of the same really, with melodic synths, thumping bass and emotive vocals.
The band are in the process of writing and recording their debut album which should hopefully be out next year sometime.

I Was A Cub Scout - The View

I Was A Cub Scout - Holiday

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger Stephen Thomas said...

Hey, just noticed this blog on Hype Machine, the second Nottingham-based music blog I've found now (after It's Not For The Cock). Didn't realise there was any action in the blogosphere around Notts other than myself, so it's been a nice surprise. Um. That's it.

 
At 2:41 AM , Blogger Mr Rossy said...

St Ives is a nice little place, i totally missed Les Savy Fav, their new album kicks arse !!! Holiday is a wicked track, nice one

 
At 3:08 AM , Blogger Tim said...

Bear - sadly i'm not in Notts anymore. After 3 years of uni, i've returned to London but i'll be visiting it soon i hope.

Rossy - St Ives was such a nice place, really relaxing. Check out my LSF review above, it was incredible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home