Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Face-off : Round 7

Back by the popular demand (of one person) is the weekly(?) feature of the Friday Face-off. If you're new to the blog, here's the rules: a topic is picked, then me and Neb (occasional and sporadic contributor) each choose a song related to the topic and pit them against each other. You, the reader, get to vote on who wins and therefore who has the better musical taste. The score at the moment is 3-1 to me, woopwoop!
This Friday's theme is the ultimate summer song so get out your suntan lotion, put on some flip-flops, give them tunes a listen, follow our reasoning and vote by adding a comment at the bottom of the page.

I think Neb should go first today

Feeder - Just A Day

This was a surprisingly hard choice, really didn't want to pick a throwaway song, so Walking On Sunshine's out...relief there! This is probably cheating but wanted to pick a song that makes me think of Summer and can do so in the middle of winter. Just A Day can make November, pissing down at work feel like a festival. Make sure no one's looking, turn it up and bounce around the room for 3 minutes. Hopefully we'll forget that its Summer now and its still raining.

Ok lets see if i can beat that

M.I.A. - Hit That


I've gone for an artist who i can already say will be my artist of this Summer. Everything i've heard off her forthcoming album, Kala, has filled me with euphoric glee. I think it must be her range of samples and beats that make this track sound exotic, warm and sexy. I can see this being the soundtrack to some lazy days with a bbq and some beers that stretch long into the evening. The album's so good that this track didn't even make the cut, so its gonna be damn good.
p.s. I got my Physics degree, i am now a Bachelor of Science, how clever do i sound?!!

Ok so there you go. Get voting and let the best man win.

5 Comments:

At 2:00 PM , Blogger Samuel. said...

Pre-listen, MIA all the way. I'll come back in 10 minutes.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Samuel. said...

Piracy funds terrorism has been a consistant starter on mypod, but they're both for different summers. MIA is the Park choice, and it nudges it because if the song is hectic it would induce a sweat, that's not the summer look. That Feeder song. Well, it has an amazing video and is ridiculously catchy but it's a November let's warm up song not an August let's sit in the park song. MIA wins.

 
At 4:17 AM , Blogger jamila FUCKING DANCE said...

i vote M.I.A

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Indie-Go! said...

i reckon you would like buraka som sistema if you like M.I.A. actually they´re playin glastounbury and she´s not:P

 
At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going with Just A Day, it gives me fond memories of my first ever gig seeing Feeder at Brixton Academy. Good times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home