Thursday, September 07, 2006

Getting A Few Things Off My Chest

The stress of exams and the sheer amount of revision i've done has been a necessary pain this week, which has led to an absence of blogging on my part. This was a shame coz a lot has gone on this week i would have talked about.

It was my birthday on Monday, i'm now 21 (god, that seems old) but seeing as i haven't really grown up since i was about 15, its not gonna make that much of a difference to me really. So far reaching this age hasn't been to good, as the day after my b'day i got the shits so i think i'd prefer to be 20 again and not need the toilet every half an hour, maybe i am getting old. Hopefully i will have recovered properly by tomorrow night as me and my friends are gonna boogie on down in Fabric to the sounds of Cut Chemist, DJ Format, Roots Manuva and Andy C. Should be a good night.

I cannot believe Steve Irwin has died, that actually spoilt my birthday a bit, i was in shock for like half an hour, i was sure the man was immortal. Well he is really coz no one's gonna forget him, what a legend and an entertainer, its just a shame he didn't go out fighting a croc or getting bitten by the most poisonous snake in the world but getting your heart pierced by a stingray's barb is still quite an adventurous way to end it. My thoughts go out to his family and friends, he will be missed.

I'm not really too happy, or unsurprised that the Arctic Monkeys won the Mercury Music prize. I always hope the prize is awarded to someone who hasn't got a lot of attention and could use the publicity to sell more copies of their wonderful album but this year the judges seemed to go with the public and choose the fastest ever selling debut album Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not as their winner. Personally i would have liked to have seen Hot Chip or Lou Rhodes walk away with the award, who both produced brilliant full lengths, but i suppose i can't really judge, having not heard the whole Arctic Monkeys album, it could be amazing.

Happy Birthday - The Ramones from The Simpsons
Roots Manuva - Witness Dub
Hot Chip - The Warning
Lou Rhodes - Why

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Blogger FG said...

Happy birthday fella. Not too bothered about the Arctic Monkeys win, all the bands who get nominated get a ridiculous increase in sales anyway. Still a crying shame The Go! Team didn't win last year mind you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home