Friday, January 12, 2007

Blank Party


I've just listen to Bloc Party's new album, A Weekend In The City, its given me exactly the same feeling as the first one did. That feeling is described in one word, meh. I don't hate it, i can listen to it all the way through, but i just seem to drift off halfway through, usually finding something better to do or my mind just goes blank. I really don't know what it is about this London 4-piece that just doesn't interest me. It might be the inconsistency of their songs, i loved Helicopter, Little Thoughts, So Here We Are but the rest of Silent Alarm just bored me completely and the same has happened here. Hunting For Witches is a really good tune, catchy and uplifting, as is Waiting For The 7:18, and i like the way they're experimenting a bit with their sound but it still doesn't do much for me. I'm gonna try and give it a few more listens and see if it grows on me. I'll let you know when i've given it a really good listen (that means through headphones, while walking to uni)
What do you think about the new album? Let me know coz i heard some people raving about it but still i can't understand why. Here's a couple of tracks for your contemplation:

Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches
Bloc Party - Where Is Home?

and a golden oldie
Bloc Party - Little Thoughts

4 Comments:

At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i like it because its not just different, its more pesonal and in deep. you can see their dedication into the album. i really like kreuzberg, waiting for the 7.18, the prayer, and song for clay... i guess its cuz when u r a really big fan from the start u knid of adapt along with the band... thats what i think

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one timmy. The indie kids will prob love it loads but I got bored listening to it too. Meh is the perfect word

 
At 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the great thing about this album is the lyrics. Another is the beats. But it doesn't have the catchy guitar and solos of Silent Alarm. I think it's better than meh but not the best album ever. I think the focused on the melody for this album cuz every song has a distinct one; if you don't love it at first you probably won't love it the 3rd time or the 4th. I like where is home and waiting for the 7.18, i still remember, and uniform. This album is definitely slower than Silent Alarm and i think you can get more out of it when you listen to a track that fits your mood.

 
At 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best indie album of the year by far.

Pretty predictable that you would rate all the singles.

Just go back to listening to your Best Of Bands 07 or whatever and spare use your vacuous, simpleton opinion in future.

Many Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home