Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Silence At Sea

I discovered Cardiff's Silence At Sea through the awesome-ness, and my blog of the month, that is Nothing But Green Lights. Their light-hearted and quite sappy sound caught me instantly, like a venus-fly trap to a buzzing insect thats got too close, and ingested me completely. I don't think a day has gone passed since then, when i haven't had to listen to Dead Cowboy Town, it just puts such a big smile on my face. It is quite a sad song but the vocals, the melody, the xylophone, its just so childish and innocent, you can't help but warm to it. Its like a nursery rhyme, almost playground-esque in nature but full of sorrow and sadness.
From there i check out their myspace and their other songs are along the same vain, each with a catchy melody and some really nice instrumentation capped off with Laura's sweet voice. It says they're trying to get a ep together, which would be groovy, so lets hope G and Laura keep at filling the world with more of their little ditties.

Silence At Sea - Dead Cowboy Town
Silence At Sea - Than Her Heart Allowed

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listened to the song and thought "Think your radar's a bit off there Timmy mate..."
Then it repeated and I found myself singing along. Damn it's catchy - great song. Well played muzzrat...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home