Monday, June 29, 2009

AXTXTXIXTXUXDXE

If you want some scuzzy, lo-fi, noisy goodness you don't have to search across the pond, that's wasting energy. Some of the scuzziest, lo-fiest and noisiest noise is coming straight out of Nottingham in the form of Lovvers. I posted about them back in 2007 and since then they've been tearing venues up all over the places in support of last year's Think EP, which got great reviews.
Their next offering is OCD Go Go Go Girls, their second full length due out on August 10th and from it is AXTXTXIXTXUXDXE. It's garagey and gooey. All the parts sound as if they're sticking to each other, like rush-hour, train passengers on a muggy day, and nothing can be clearly defined but that works to the track's advantage in my opinion. I'm a lover of Lovvers

Lovvers - AXTXTXIXTXUXDXE

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also it's Blur week on funfunfun after their epic, emotional and excellent set at Glasto on Sunday night (Weren't they good?) and because I am going to see them on Thursday!!!!!!! So excited. I've love them since I was 9 and this will be the first time I'll have seen them live. So I'm gonna try and post something Blur related everyday.
Don't Bomb When You're The Bomb was recorded and limitedly released in 2002, just after Graham Coxon left the band. It doesn't sound like the same Blur that I grew up with but that's one of my favourite things about the band; they can produce things that sound so different.

Blur - Don't Bomb When You're The Bomb

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home